(the Lord says, i.e. promises)
- Father of Ahitub according to (1 Chronicles 6:7, 52) and son of Meraioth, in the line of the high priests.
- The high priest in the reign of Jehoshaphat (2 Chronicles 19:11). He was the son of Azariah.
- The head of a Levitical house of the Kohathites (1 Chronicles 23:19; 24:23)
- The head of one of the twenty-four courses of priests (2 Chronicles 31:15; Nehemiah 10:3; 12:2, 13)
- One of the sons of Bani in the time of Ezra (Ezra 10:42)
- A priest who returned with Zerubbabel (Nehemiah 10:3; 12:2, 13)
- A descendant of Pharez (Nehemiah 11:4)
- An ancestor of Zephaniah the prophet (Zephaniah 1:1)