(a hill), a city of Benjamin, with “suburbs,” allotted to the priests (Joshua 21:17; 1 Chronicles 6:60). It is named amongst the first group of the Benjamite towns—apparently those lying near to and along the north boundary (Joshua 18:24). Here the name is given as Gaba. During the wars of the earlier part of the reign of Saul, Geba was held as a garrison by the Philistines (1 Samuel 13:3), but they were ejected by Jonathan. It is now the modern village of Jeba, which stands picturesquely on the top of its steep, terraced hill, six miles north of Jerusalem, on the very edge of the great Wady Suweinit, looking northward to the opposite village of ancient Michmash, which also retains its old name of Mukhmas.
Smith's Bible Names Dictionary (1866)